Saturday, October 20, 2007

Catch-up



I am not very good at updating the blog. I think that is mostly because I don't really know how to use it. Since I last wrote, I have been to a few new places, so I will slowly try to bring this up to date. A few weeks ago, our friend Paul took us up north to see the Glasshouse Mountains. It's about an hour or so north of here. It was quite enjoyable. The mountains are very strange looking, but it was beautiful. And we went on my first "bush walk," which was really just a hike through the woods. The pictures at the top of this are a couple of the mountains in the range.

After the mountains, we headed to Melaney, a town nestled in the mountains, or as they call it, the hinterlands. It was very nice and the cafe was good. It's a very organic, home-grown kind of town, so they had local ingredients and it was tasty. The views were really nice, and looked nothing like what I pictured Australia to be. I will attempt to post pictures of the views at some point.

Later on we went to a small winery, Summit Rise. It was cute and the wine was pretty good. We liked it, although the wine here in Queensland is not as good as in New South Wales or Victoria, which makes sense because it is very hot here. It was my first wine-tasting and I enjoyed it. Especially the chick peas as a palette cleanser.

After the winery, we finally made it to the beach! My first trip to the Pacific was in Caloundra. King's Beach I believe. It was very cool, though we didn't have to much time, as our friend Ales needed to get to the airport. I took a bunch of pictures throughout the day. Hopefully soon I will get to go to the Gold Coast.

No comments: