Friday, September 14, 2007

New words I've learned...

Brekky=breakfast
She'll be right mate=it'll be ok (used in ANY circumstance; even if your arm has just been cut off)
Chips=fries
Crisps=chips (potato)
Biscuits=cookies
Uni=college, university, etc.
Boot=car trunk
Good on ya=Well done, great job
Pram=baby stroller
Nappy=baby diaper
Eupho=euphonium
Lift=elevator
Footpath=sidewalk
Flat white=espresso coffee with milk, as opposed to a long black, not bumpy white
Crook=sick
Dag=funny, as in "You're a dag!"
Ute=truck (Ford Australia's famous vehicle that looks like those old car/truck hybrids)

I know there are more... will add as I can remember them...

Also, every cafe here seems to have milkshakes! YUM!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Have you been to the "car park" yet? It makes me think of a petting zoo, filled with cars.

Theresa said...

What about "Fosters, Australian for beer"? Do they even have Fosters beer?

Lis-in-Oz said...

I like that... a petting zoo filled with cars. : )

Apparently the Fosters beer here is crap. I've heard the stuff they export is better.