Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another busy week!

I've been here just over two weeks, and a lot has been happening. We have our TV now, and that makes the mornings a bit nicer. They have a couple of morning shows that I usually watch. Our landlord bought us a new couch, which is really nice. Very comfy.

Since I last posted, I have had three nanny interviews. I don't think I got the one I interviewed for on Monday. I haven't heard anything from them... maybe a blessing anyway. Thursday I interviewed with a very nice family with two boys. I think the family liked me, but it's a matter of other people possibly being more qualified. Yesterday I interviewed with a family who has one 5 month old baby, and a 2 and a half year old. They interviewed a lot of other people, so I'm guessing they'll find someone with more baby-specific experience. And today is my fourth interview. I am just going to keep looking and trying until I find something. Everyone I have met so far, I've offered babysitting services if they choose someone else. So we'll see.

My new book club was great. It had the potential for disaster, but turned out great. There were two gals (early to mid 30s) who started the club, a few other regulars, and two other new people. Everyone was very nice, and we also chatted about the book (which I guess is the point). We're meeting again in a couple of weeks. So far a couple have offered to get together for a movie, or coffee, so that is really good.

This week I might try to get my driver's licence, and also get a driving lesson. Most of the families looking for nannies wnat someone who can drive (even if not in their own car). We're also bike shopping. Thomas wants to get a bike to ride to work also, and we both want to enjoy the many bike paths in the area (I sound like a commercial for Brisbane...haha). We need to do a bit more comparison shopping, but we found a store in the city that can give us everything we need for a good price (and discount for buying two bikes, etc.). The challenge would be the many many hills here in Brisbane.

Hopefully more updates soon!

No comments: