Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 7 Update

It gets dark here at about 5:00pm. This is very confusing for me, considering that it is summer at home, and it gets dark around 9:30pm there. So by 6 o'clock, I am thinking, "Wow, it must be closing in on bedtime!" Wrong! It's very weird.

Otherwise, I am trying to adjust to life again as an unemployed foreigner. I'm trying to fit in and make friends, and feel comfortable. I guess this is to be expected when you move to a new place (let alone, country). I'm planning on starting my volunteer job at the museum on Monday (my usual day there), and tomorrow I will begin my search for a possible nanny job (the best days for classifieds are Wednesday and Saturday apparently).

So far, winter here is very pleasant. I use the term, "winter," very loosely though. It does get chilly at night, and I am usually curled up tightly under the blanket in bed. But today on my walk into West End (about 30 minutes), I was glad to have put sunscreen on my face. The sun was very bright! I am slowly adjusting to walking everywhere I go. I definitely need to do more walking for exercise, which will make walking for transportation easier.

That's all for now. Hopefully next week I will have more exciting things to share!

No comments: